An Attic Journal is a unique piece of the past that was handmade to hold important bits of your story.
Harvested at the cusp of the landfill, we use hard-bound vintage school & library books that were destined for dumpsters, but given new life in our Portland production studio.
Each journal is made to last with:
- approximately 75 pages of blank 22 or 24# sustainably sourced paper
- a sturdy wire binding that allows your journal to lay flat or fold over so you can jot down your thoughts wherever your story takes you.
With our one of a kind journals we include the first few pages of the original book which gives a nod to the book’s past life. It's in these pages that you’re likely to find some #magicinthemargins At Attic Journals, we believe there is magic to be found in the margins of our work... where the wonder & nostalgia of the books past life is unlocked in journal form.
- Maybe it’s the check out cards you might find tucked away in the first few pages
- Perhaps it's the inscriptions lovingly written on the back covers
- It could be the barcodes, stamps & tape from it’s well-loved life at a local library
- Or if you're really lucky you could find some little kid scribble gracing the text of the original book
These bits of magic are what make each Attic Journal unique! Once you receive your journal, find your magic in the margins & snap a quick pic to post on Instagram! Make sure to use the hashtag #magicinthemargins & tag us @atticjournals because we want to make sure to celebrate the magic you’ve found!